Datainquest Inc. wants to invite you to enroll in our 2 Day Jump Start training. This jump start course is for Engineers, Networking specialists, Business Managers, Sales professionals and Executives who want learn about big data analysis and data science with hands on experience. We welcome you to join the passionate big data journey with our team at DataInquest Inc.
This is a 2 Day Jump Start course, serving both technical and non-technical professionals who want to understand the emerging world of big data, the Hadoop ecosystem, and data science. Attendees will get first hand experience running big data applications and data science algorithms.
Prerequisites: Some prior knowledge of databases, scripting or programming is assumed.
Course Details: DataInquest Inc. is offering 2 day (Sat/Sun) jump start training program on big data.
This is a fast paced, vendor agnostic, technical overview of the big data landscape. Big Data Bootcamp is targeted towards both technical and non-technical people who want to understand the emerging world of big data, with a specific focus on Hadoop, NoSQL & data science. Attendees will experience a real Hadoop installation with live data and a data science demo.
Training Curriculum: DataInquest is offering a 2 day hands-on training program on the following big data technology and techniques:
Day 1 (9 am - 1 pm) Hadoop Ecosystem:
- Overview of Hadoop Ecosystem
- Hadoop components
- HDFS, MapReduce
Day 1 (2 pm - 6 pm) Hadoop ETL
- Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Flume
- HBase Overview
Day 2 (9 am - 1 pm)
Hadoop Use Cases and NoSQL Technologies
- Hadoop Mahout Overview
- Hadoop Use Case & Lab
- Learn Use Case: Log File analysis
- Introduction to various NoSQL Technologies, Document db, Key value stores, columnar database and graph theory.
- NoSql Database Demo
Data Science / Machine Learning (2 pm - 6 pm)
Data Science and Machine Learning
- Industry Trends and Opportunities
- R Syntax, Learn R’s notation language, Programming in R, R Functions, Visualizing Data, Customizing Graphs, Loading and Cleaning Data, Manipulating Data
- Inference and Variable Selection- Interpret model coefficients with t-tests and anova tests
- Visualizing Data, Customizing Graphs, Loading and Cleaning Data, Manipulating Data
- Learn Use Cases: Twitter Feed based sentiment analysis, Application of machine learning algorithm, Clustering, Time series
- Industry Trends in Data Visualization & Demo
Who Should Attend: Engineers, Networking specialists, Managers, Executives, Data Warehouse Professionals, Sales, Pre Sales, Technical Marketers, PMs, Teaching Staff, Delivery Managers, Business Strategy Managers, Product Managers, Accidental Analysts and Data Enthusiasts.
Lab Requirements: Each student should bring their own 64bit laptop ( Windows 7/8 and Mac, Virtualization Enabled, Minimum 4GB Ram and Free 25GB-50GB hard disk ) with administrative privileges and wireless connectivity. If you have an AMD laptop, it should be AMD-V enabled. If you have an Intel laptop or a Mac, it should support Intel-VTx. An extra USB drive of 16gb minimum will be handy if you want to use your personal USB drive for all files and images.
Until 24 hrs prior to start of the event: Full Refund
After 24 hrs prior to start of the event: No Refund
Phone: (510) 366-7197